During the course of the year we will be celebrating different topics based around the children’s personal, social, health and emotional development. This will be done through a celebration day each half term based on a particular topic. We will be calling these ‘Spotlight Days’.
Our Spotlight Days are designed to help children understand and grow in topics such as self-awareness, mental wellness and careers.
During the Spotlight Day children will be taking part in activities in class and we will also have visitors in school to support children during different workshops.
Below are the dates and topics for the ‘Spotlight Days’ planned throughout 2019 – 2020.
- 3rd Oct 2019 – Faithful friends (friendship and anti-bullying)
- 29th Nov 2019 – Money, money, money (future aspirations, careers and money)
- 7th Feb 2020 – Who am I? (self-awareness)
- 17th March 2020– Caring for our world (community)
- 31st March 2020 – All different, all equal (diversity)
- 1st May 2020– Mindfulness minds (mental health and wellbeing)