Term Dates – Academic Year 2016/2017
Wednesday 7 September – Friday 21 October
Monday 31 October – Friday 16 December
INSET Day – 5th and 6th September
Tuesday 3 January – Thursday 16 February
Monday 27 February – Friday 7 April
INSET Day – 17th February
Monday 24 April – Friday 26 May
Monday 5 June – Friday 21 July
INSET Day – 24th, 25th July
Bank Holiday – Monday 1 May
Good attendance = good progress
- 96% attendance is the minimum standard expected.
- If your child misses 10 days of school in an academic year their attendance is 94.73%.
- We have an Education Attendance Officer, Mrs Turner, who closely monitors attendance.
- We will support you in any reasonable way to get your child to school but it is your legal duty to make sure they attend regularly and on time.
- Only in exceptional circumstances are we able to authorise leave in term time. From September 2013 the DfE removed discretion for schools to authorise ‘holiday in term time’. We are unable to agree any holidays taken.
- We will use penalty notice fines for poor attendance including 10 unauthorised marks in a seasonal term (Autumn, Spring, Summer).
- Only the school can authorise an absence. If, with good reason, we believe your child should have been in school, an absence will be unauthorised.